|Stage Name:||DJ Black Coffee|
|Real Name||Nkosinathi Inno Maphumulo|
|Occupation||DJ, Record Producer, Singer and Songwriter|
|Date of Birth||11 March 1976 (43 Years Old)|
|Place of Birth||Durban, Kwazulu Natal, South Africa|
|Education||College (drop out)|
DJ BLACK COFFEE’S BIOGRAPHY
Born on the 11th of March 1976, Nkosinathi Innocent Maphumulo popularly known by his stage name Black Coffee is a prolific international DJ, record producer, singer and Songwriter from South Africa. His genre of music is House, which he performs both in English and in his native dialect. He has produced beat for a lot of top South African artistes which have gone on to win various awards. He is known for his hit songs “Superman” and “Any Other Way”. He is ranked one of the best DJ’s in South Africa and in the world. He has worked with international acts such as P Diddy, Alicia Keys, Usher Raymond and many more
FAMILY AND BEGINNING
DJ Black Coffee is originally from Umlazi in South Africa. After a while he relocated to the Umtata in the Eastern Cape at the age of 12, after his parents separated, he grew up in Durban. His major music influence was him listening to his Uncle’s reggae album collection. After a while he lost the use of his left arm when he was 14 years, after a taxi ran into him in a politically motivated rally involving Mandela. After this he started using his other arm to play music instruments and got really perfect with it
DJ Black Coffee later returned to Durban and majored in Jazz studies at Technikon Natal now called Durban University of Technology. After a while he dropped out and decided to join the “SHANA” (Simply Hot and Naturally African) Group, in which he kick started his music career. In 2019 he revealed that he might be going back to school to study interior design.
Black Coffee got his major break when he released the hit single “Happiness”, The song went on to get featured on his album tagged work. Although he started his career in 1994 and released five studio albums, but he didn’t get his major prominence until after he participated in the Red Bull music academy in 2oo4. He worked as a backup singer for Madala Kunene and later started an Afro-pop group called SHANA with his schoolmates. Since his debut he has gone on to release hit songs and albums that have gone platinum over time.
DJ BLACK COFFEE’S ALBUMS
DJ Black Coffee since his debut has released Eight albums, which some have been ranked tops, here are the albums by DJ Black Coffee
Black Coffee (2005)
Have Another One (2007)
Home Brewed (2009)
Africa Rising DVD (2012)
Africa Rising CD (2012)
Pieces of Me (2015)
The Journey Continues EP (2016)
Music King EP (2018))
DJ BLACK COFFEE’S SONGS
DJ Black Coffee since his debut has released more than 100 songs and has Eight studio albums. Here are his best songs, in no particular order
- DJ Black Coffee – Superman
DJ BLACK COFFEE’S PERFORMANCE AND PRESENCE
DJ Black Coffee has performed and headlined major shows both locally and internationally. He has his own one man show which he hosted at The Dome. He also performed at the Music is King festival in Durban. He also participated at the Red Bull Music academy in 2004 He has also performed at the South African Music Awards (SAMA) show, MTV base awards, Afrima awards and various festivals and concerts in South Africa and Internationally. He has also had various club appearances locally and internationally.
DJ BLACK COFFEE’S RELATIONSHIP
DJ Black Coffee was happily married to actress and TV presenter Enhle Mbali Mlotshwa not until July 2019 when they made an announcement that they had divorced. Although the relationship was marred by scandals (he was rumored to be dating David Guetta’s ex wife, Cathy Guetta, but quickly denied it) which was put aside by both of them till they gave the news of their separation in July. They have two children, Black Coffee also had two other children outside the marriage.
AWARDS AND NOMINATIONS
Black Coffee has gotten various awards and recognition both locally and internationally. Among these are
- Breakthrough DJ award of the Year in 2015.
- He also got “Best urban Dance Album” at the SAMA in 2005.
- He won the award for best produced album from metro FM in 2010.
- He also won best international producer and best international DJ the Dance Music Awards South Africa (DMASA) in 2018.
- He won Most talented male artist at the Channel O awards in 2011.
- He won best dance album at the SAMA in 2013.
- Best Man at the Health magazine awards in 2010.
- He also won Best male artist athe SAMA in 2010.
- Breakthrough DJ of the year for DJ Awards in 2015.
- Best International Act (Africa) at the BET awards in 2016.
- Best Deep house DJ at the DJ awards in 2017.
- Coolest DJ at the Sunday Times Generation award in 2013. He has also gotten himself various endorsement from top brands both in South Africa and Internationally, among this are Axe Men SA and AFEM, to mention a few.
DJ BLACK COFFEE’S NET WORTH
DJ Black Coffee’s Net worth is estimated at 60 Million dollars i.e 894,498,000 rands. This is calculated from payments for show performances, album sales, Money made from his Youtube views, endorsement deals, Properties and investments owned by him, the artiste is doing well for himself financially and is one of the top artistes in South Africa to reckon with.
DJ BLACK COFFEE’S SONGS DOWNLOAD, STREAM, BUY AND WATCH
DJ Black Coffee’s songs from his albums, DVD and EP’s are available on all major platforms such as Spotify, Apple Music, Youtube and others
DJ Black Coffee is one of the top DJs and Producers in South Africa who came to the music scene fully equipped. He has made that obvious with the hit songs he has been dishing out since his debut.
- ALBUM: Black Coffee – Subconsciously (Zip File)
- MIXTAPE: Black Coffee – Mykonos Sunset Live Mix (Summer 2020)
- FULL ALBUM: Black Coffee ft Martine Thomas – Split Open Jazz Fair 2019 Vol. 4 (Zip)
- DJ Shimza: Biography, Songs, Albums, Awards, Education, Net Worth, Age & Relationships
- Black Coffee ft Msaki – Wish You Were Here