Tanzanian Bongo Flava recording artist, actor, dancer, philanthropist, and a businessman from Tandale, Dar es Salaam, Diamond Platnumz was proudly told by his team that he was the first sub-Saharan African singer to get one billion views on his YouTube channel, as they surprised him with a celebration party.
Apart from Diamond Platnumz, Malian-born singer Aya Nakamura, who trumps the be-jeweled Tanzanian musician, with more than 1.7 billion YouTube views.
The 25-year-old, who moved to France when she was a young girl, is best known for her 2018 hit song titled Djadja.
Furthermore, Akon the Senegalese-American rapper smashes them both with 3.5 billion views.
In sub-Saharan Africa, WCB Wasafi Classic Boss, Diamond Platnumz is the king when it comes to YouTube numbers having more than 3.7Million Youtube subscribers and over 1 Billion views on Youtube, followed by his main competitors in the game from Nigeria and other countries:-
Top 10 most viewed African artists on Youtube
- Diamond Platnumz – 1 Billion Views
- P Square – 811 Million Views
- Davido – 618 Million Views
- Fally Ipupa – 617 Million Views
- Mr Flavour – 617 Million Views
- Tekno Miles – 574 Million Views
- Burn Boy – 508 Million Views
- Wizkid – 480 Million Views
- Snach – 472 Million Views
- Yemi Alade – 434 Million Views
- None Found