Black Coffee finally lends his voice on SAMA’s refusal to recognize Master KG’s Jerusalema ft. Nomcembo for the 26th edition.
The song is one of the best to come out of SA to the world this year and it’s been embraced at the international level, why not in South Africa?
Taking to Twitter, the international acclaimed DJ says South Africa Music Awards(SAMA) should make history by awarding the song this year.
“@TheSAMAs don’t you wanna make history,by adding Jerusalema on this year’s Awards…I mean you can.”
However, a Twitter user finds it absurd, as it means the organizers going against their rules.
“Wont that compromise all past awards by questioning this particular placement into a category whereby musicians who felt the same way as Master KG in previous awards, will now challenge all past awards to be reciewed via the newly “proposed” placement criteria???” Tweep said.
In response, Black Coffee says protocols can be broken. The song deserves all the accolades.
“No it won’t,besides we focusing on fixing the future…the entire country knows it belongs there,they could even run a petition to be signed by the public,that could help also,” he said.
- Black Coffee leaves Mzansi in tears over groove in Greece
- South Africans crown Black Coffee legend – Here’s why
- Watch: Cristiano Ronaldo vibes to Master KG’s “Jerusalema”
- DJ Maphorisa trolled for having a fling with teenagers
- Cassper Nyovest – “Master KG and Jerusalema has more Vibes than the Samas”