Kelly Khumalo has shunned claims of her switching into becoming a gospel singer.
A video of the star singing the Hlengiwe Mhlaba collab Esphambanweni, was seen on social media, and people reacted to how she’s now turned to doing gospel songs.
Clearing the air, she said: “It is about the significance of the cross. It reminds us that God loves us so much, he gave his only Begotten Son for us. It reminds us of his unconditional love. It has been amazing. It is a dream come true for me.”
Kelly spoke about her stand when it comes to singing secular and gospel songs.
“I have not made a move to gospel music. I have always had a gospel song on all my albums. I grew up in church. God has been a very significant part of my life. I am not a gospel artist and I don’t think I will ever be a gospel artist. I am just an artist who sings gospel.”
The mother of 2 acknowledges God and claims referencing him, but you shouldn’t tag her a gospel artist.
- Kelly Khumalo says Chad Da Don would have been the worst mistake of her life
- FULL EP: Kelly Rowland – K (Zip)
- Q Twins (Virginia & Viggy Qwabe) Biography, Songs, Albums, Awards, Education, Net Worth, Age & Relationships
- Watch: DJ Maphorisa’s version to Kelly Khumalo’s prayer cracks up tweeps
- Master KG on “Jerusalema” global recognition – “I used to dream of such moments”