Nota Baloyi has been emphatic on those who deserve to be at the top of hip hop lists, and he’s condemned some music company such as Def Jam Africa.
The music-businessman got recently appointed as the Deputy Chairman of the Recording Industry of South Africa (RiSA).
Taking to Twitter, he shared the top 13 most streamed SA hip hop songs.
The first on the list if Miss Pru’s Price To Pay, with 2.4 million streams in 3 months.
Dumelang has 1.9 million streams, then followed by Cassper Nyovest’s Good For That with 1.8 million streams.
Nasty C, AKA, Yanga Chief, Youngsta CPT are also on the list.
“I’m here to shake things up. Restore the credibility of the Recording Industry of South Africa… I will not be silenced. I am The Authority. You can suspend my twitter and I will start another one and people will still follow me!” Nota captioned the list shared.
Check it out below:
- South Africans mock Nota’s incompetence – Here’s what he did
- AKA Says That Nasty C is out of control. He needs to be stopped
- DJ Maphorisa bags a multi million dollar deal – “I run South Africa”
- FULL ALBUM: Cassper Nyovest – AMN Album (Tracklist Zip)
- First 10 most followed South African musicians on Instagram in 2020