A Cape cobra bit Johan Germeshuizen. Stock image.
Image: 123rf.com/Nico Smit
An Eastern Cape businessman is in ICU at a Port Elizabeth hospital after being bitten by a Cape cobra at his office.
The snake bit Johan Germeshuizen when he opened his desk’s drawer at his office at Awie Van Den Berg Construction Enterprises.
His sister, Thelina Geater, said the snake bit him on his finger.
The incident happened about 5pm on Monday.
Geater said he was stabilised at a hospital in Graaff-Reinet before being moved to Livingstone Hospital in Port Elizabeth.
“His condition is stable but still critical.”
- VIDEO: Rain brings joy to drought-stricken Karoo towns but it’s not over yet
- Amanda Black Biography, Songs, Albums,Awards,Education, Net Worth, Age & Relationship
- Just 32 trains left in Cape Town after latest fire destroys carriages, locomotive
- Five things you need to know about Jacob Zuma’s contentious sick note
- DJ Snake Ft. Selena Gomez – Selfish Love