President Cyril Ramaphosa dished out the latest update as regards the ongoing pandemic on Wednesday, 13th of May.
Cyril said the lockdown will last till the end of May, because lifting the order might lead to more damages.
“If we lift the lockdown too abruptly and too quickly, we risk a rapid and unmanageable surge in infections. We will therefore continue to proceed cautiously,” said Ramaphosa.
In his address, the president confirmed that the government is in discussion with various stakeholders to have most of SA placed in level 3 of the nationwide lockdown by the end of May.
However, it’s claimed that the lockdown worked.
Check out posts below:
- South Africa relaxes coronavirus lockdown to level 4
- Watch:President Cyril Ramaphosa laughs off reactions to the mask blunder
- AKA and Cassper Nyovest weigh in on President Cyril’s leadership
- See Reactions To Ntsiki Mazwai’s Open Letter To President Cyril Ramaphosa
- Cassper Nyovest Pleads With Mzansis To Comply With The Lockdown