Nota Baloyi who is popular for being outspoken about the SA music industry has called out Boity in a recent tweet.
According to him, Boity’s platinum plaque isn’t real.
The rapper received the plaque for her first single, Wuz Dat, which went platinum in 2019.
Boity is signed to Def Jam Africa record label, and Nota believes plaques from this label are invalid.
“I don’t trust the platinum plaque they gave to Boity… The plaque Yanga Chief gave her though is officially eligible to be certified GOLD in South Africa by RiSA. This, I can confirm for you. As for Def Jam Africa they are biggest plaque CAPPERS. NEVER TRUST ANYTHING THEY CLAIM!” he tweeted.
- Emtee’s producer, Ruff rejects collaboration with Cassper Nyovest
- South Africans mock Nota’s incompetence – Here’s what he did
- Tweezy shuns Nota who urged him and 2 other SA producers to stop sounding American
- Check out the night South Africans gave Cassper Nyovest his flowers
- Miss Pru, Cassper Nyovest and others on most streamed songs on SA Hip Hop Hit list